Saturday, August 1, 2009

Small pieces quilted . . .

Tonight, I finished quilting the three smaller pieces (pics to come) . . . they all still need to be bound.

I experimented with different quilting angles on these pieces. On one piece, I quilted parallel rows at a 45 degree angle . . . one another piece, I quilted parallel rows one unit wide and two units high (think of a diagonal line through a 1 x 2 rectangle) . . . on the third piece, quilted parallel rows one unit wide and three units high (a much steeper angle). The quilting lines coincide with angles within the piece, so I'm happy with 'em.

Now I'm debating whether to design and start a new quilt to use up more of the fabric swap fabrics, or "go scrappy," and clear out some leftover squares and cut fabric from old projects . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment