Sunday, August 16, 2009

. . . and on the seventh day, God rested . . .

It was a good day . . .

Ed and I drove south of St. Louis about an hour or so to Ste. Genevieve and Chaumette Winery. There's an Episcopalian Chapel on the grounds, St. Vincent's . . .



The former Dean of Christ Church Cathedral, where Ed and I usually attend in St. Louis, was the preacher/celebrant. There were about 20 people in attendance, with 1/3 of 'em from Christ Church Cathedral.

Afterwards, there was a buffet brunch in the dining hall of the winery. Great food, great friends, great wine . . . a great day in the country.

Ed and I got home just before the heavens opened up . . . we took a nap with classical music playing on the radio, and rain playing on the window.

Hours later, I sat at the computer, putting the finishing touches on the first edition of my newsletter for those who had signed up for my website's mailing list. Out of 250 emails sent out, only one person "unsubscribed." At the same time, I had seven new people sign up . . . with a sevenfold return, maybe I should have more people "unsubscribe"!! (Just joking.)

Ed and I watched "Hairspray" on DVD (the original, John Waters' version with Divine) . . . we went to a staged production of the musical last weekend, and it was good to compare the two.

About a dozen people migrated from the mailing list to the new Yahoo! group: NGQTileAddicts. One person admitted taking my Quilt University class 4-1/2 years ago!! Good people online, too.

Yes, it was a very good day . . .


Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment and follow this blog . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment