Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Taking my show on the road . . .

First, it's hard to believe I haven't posted in over a month . . . somebody should spank me!!

But, there's no time for fun, there's work to be done!!

Today, I worked on the details of three appearances for later this year:

First up is Flint, MI. I've been chosen as the guest speaker for the 19th anniversary of the African-American quilters guild. There's a quilt show as well, held September 9-12, 2009, at the Flint Public Library. I top off the weekend.

The first two weekends in October will find me in the Chicago area.

October 1-3, 2009, I will be in Rockford, IL (an hour or so west of Chicago) with the Sinnissippi Quilters (www.SinnissippiQuilters.org). I will give two lectures on October 1, 2009 (at 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.). Then, on October 2 and 3, 2009, I will give two different half-day workshops.

October 8-10, 2009, I will be in Hinsdale, IL (a western suburb of Chicago) with the Salt Creek Quilt Guild (www.SaltCreekQG.org). I will give one lecture on October 8, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. Then, on October 9 and 10, 2009, I will give two different full-day workshops.

The lectures for both guilds are open to the public. I will present "One Quilter's Journey," outlining my development from sewing to quilting and beyond. I'll talk (just try shutting me up), and show slides of many of my quilts, with anecdotes to match.

The first workshop will be "Beyond Symmetry" (and, I hope to have books on hand for that). I call the second workshop "Paper Piecing (Without the Paper)." I primarily use starch-stiffened muslin as a foundation instead of paper . . . ok, I'm too lazy to tear out all the paper otherwise, so spank me (if you dare)!! I had a rubber stamp made of the square used in "Beyond Symmetry." I intend to stamp the design onto muslin with thickened pigment. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment