Thursday, July 9, 2009

Christmas in July!!

It's been quite a week!!

Monday, I received a bottle of pigment dye and a bottle of thickener from Dharma Trading Co. (http://www.DharmaTrading.com/) . . . I intend to thicken the dye and use it for stamping (but, more about that later).

Tuesday, I did laundry, including 6 yards of 108" wide muslin (but, more about THAT later, too).

Wednesday, I received 25 Fall-themed fat quarters from a fabric swap with some of the guys from QuiltGuy, a Yahoo group of male quilters I belong to . . .

I also received a pair of rubber stamps I ordered last week . . .

Now, the fun begins . . .
Tonight, I begin lightly starching, ironing, and cutting the muslin into strips, then squares for foundation piecing. I bought a small cookie sheet which I'll line with a piece of felt, then wet with the thickened pigment dye. This becomes my oversized stamp pad for the rubber stamps. I'll stamp my design on the muslin squares before sewing fabric to 'em.
I can hardly wait to see what happens . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment