Saturday, April 30, 2011

Prayer quilts . . .

I'm a member of Christ Church Cathedral (Anglican/Episcopal) . . . I lector and sing in the choir.

I'm also associated with the Prayer Quilt ministry. We make small lap quilts for folks who've been in the hospital, or otherwise suffering in body, mind, or spirit.  The quilts are made prayerfully, and yarns are passed through the quilts for tying.  At a presentation ceremony, the congregation assembles and says a prayer as they tie a knot in the yarns.  Then, the quilt is present to the recipient, along with the wishes and prayers of many.

We've received a quilt request, and I volunteered to make it (since I now have a "stash" to dispose of) . . .

Then, I found out who it's for . . . it's a good friend.  Years ago, this friend talked about a quilt with a Celtic knot cross on it.  I'm gonna design one . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment