Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Other happenings . . .

Yes, it's been awhile since I've posted . . . sorry. Here's a few other things that have been happening . . .

After work, I shipped three quilts to Paducah for a "photo shoot." They've been selected to accompany the article about me in Joe Cunningham's book about male quilters, due out next spring I think. Here's what they look like:







Last week, I stopped by my photographer's gallery. Ten years ago, I gave a small quilt show around Mardi Gras. I asked if I could do one next year around Mardi Gras. He said, "sure!!" Guess I'd best get to sewing, huh??

I took part in a fabric swap on the Yahoo! QuiltGuy group with the theme "Winter Blues." I got 29 fat quarters in shades of blue. I'll be starting a new quilt with them, with an eye toward making it my first published pattern. Keep your eyes peeled . . .

Thank you for reading my blog, and please leave a comment and follow this blog!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the middle one, how the colors play off each other, and the block lines disappear. Congrats on being part of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and thank you, Beverly . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the orange and blue one. Congrats on being in a book, and on your upcoming show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Shasta . . .

    I'll be posting pics of the show quilts as I make 'em (in about a month, I think) . . .

    It's "time to make something pretty . . ."

    ReplyDelete