Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Other happenings . . .

Yes, it's been awhile since I've posted . . . sorry. Here's a few other things that have been happening . . .

After work, I shipped three quilts to Paducah for a "photo shoot." They've been selected to accompany the article about me in Joe Cunningham's book about male quilters, due out next spring I think. Here's what they look like:







Last week, I stopped by my photographer's gallery. Ten years ago, I gave a small quilt show around Mardi Gras. I asked if I could do one next year around Mardi Gras. He said, "sure!!" Guess I'd best get to sewing, huh??

I took part in a fabric swap on the Yahoo! QuiltGuy group with the theme "Winter Blues." I got 29 fat quarters in shades of blue. I'll be starting a new quilt with them, with an eye toward making it my first published pattern. Keep your eyes peeled . . .

Thank you for reading my blog, and please leave a comment and follow this blog!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the middle one, how the colors play off each other, and the block lines disappear. Congrats on being part of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the orange and blue one. Congrats on being in a book, and on your upcoming show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Shasta . . .

    I'll be posting pics of the show quilts as I make 'em (in about a month, I think) . . .

    It's "time to make something pretty . . ."

    ReplyDelete