Sunday, February 28, 2010

A busy week, indeed . . .

It's hard to believe that we ended our 10-day Mardi Gras vacation just a week ago today . . .

To cap off our trip, Ed and I both caught colds so we were coming home in worse condition than when we left (I didn't work Monday and Tuesday; Ed didn't work Tuesday and Wednesday).

On Monday, Ed had an accident with the car. Nothing was fractured or broken, just a bruised and stiff forearm for a couple of days, and a small bruise in the middle of his forehead. Our leased wreck of a car was stolen from the highway (which still confounds me); we only had a couple of months before the lease ended.

But, on to quilting matters . . .

A freelance writer in France approached me months ago about an article she was writing about "wild and crazy inspiration sources." While we were on vacation, she contacted me with additional questions now that Quilter's Home magazine has agreed to publish the article (in the June/July issue, I think). Yesterday, I emailed her a fleshed-out interview to use.

Also while we were on vacation, the quilt guild in Santa Rosa, CA emailed that they were considering cancelling my appearance in March because they weren't getting enough interest in my workshop. I offered them several suggestions, and now I have little over two weeks to put together a new workshop.

This week, I mailed out the contract for a lecture for a local quilt guild here in St. Louis in April.

I still need to put together my proposal for a workshop (or two) at the first International Society of African-American Quilters convention here in St. Louis in May.

Joe Cunningham asked if I'd write a pattern for one of the quilts I submitted for his book, due out in the fall. I finally figured out how to "print to file" my Electric Quilt templates, then import the file into a graphics program so I could arrange the templates onto one sheet of paper and manipulate the cutting and seam lines. Now, all I have to do is write the instructions . . . this will be my first published pattern, and it has nothing to do with design tile (yes, something completely different). Of course, the experience has shown me that I could probably do a lot more patterns (hmmm, that gives me several ideas).

So, with that said, I hope you don't mind if I tell you, "I'm outta here!!" I'll be back soon with more news, projects, musings, and to tell you about another blog I've started (but, more on that later).


Thank you for reading my blog . . . as always, feel free to leave a comment, and follow this blog!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home... Sorry to hear about your car. It's probably in pieces on its way to a repair shop near you! Sounds like you're busy on the quilting front. Good luck with that and if you need a proof reader, you have my email address!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Raymond,

    Do you design curved tessellations?

    Cheers

    Kaylene

    ReplyDelete