Thursday, July 29, 2010

MOVED!! (but not yet settled) . . .

This past weekend, Ed and I moved into our new home. It is a 3-story, 3 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse. For the past month, we've been packing boxes (or, repacking boxes we hadn't opened in years). Last week, I took a week vacation: three days leading up to the move; the move; then, three days after the move.

The movers removed the front door for ease of moving, and leaned it against the porch. The door fell over, shattering the glass (so much for sneaking out on the landlords, lol). The moving company will replace the glass, but the glass company won't even come to measure the door until next Monday; the glass won't arrive until the following week. In the interim, I've stapled a shower curtain over the opening (it LOOKS like glass, at least).

There's just a carload or two of small things that weren't packed in time for the movers to transport to the new place. Then, I'll put the keys in an envelope with a list of the defects the landlords need to address before attempting to rent the apartment to others, and drop the envelope in the landlords' mail slot. I'll call and leave a message on their voicemail (I ALWAYS get their voicemail) telling them we've moved and the situation with the front door. Then it's "bye, bye slumlords."

The BEST news about the new place is my new studio: I get the entire third floor . . . it's one, big room (15' x 30'). I have room to set up my 4' x 8' worktable (which spent the last three years propped along a wall because the movers couldn't get the table top up to my old studio). I have room to set up a separate dyeing area. There's a great closet for storage. My sewing machine will set between two windows with an eastern exposure (ah, to sew and watch the sun come up).

I would have taken a picture of the new studio, but I packed the camera . . .


Thank you for reading my blog . . . please take a moment to leave a comment and subscribe to this blog.

9 comments:

  1. Your new space sounds wonderful. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!

    I promise to post pics (just as soon as I unearth the camera) . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy time. Tell me your not all set up for internet!! It took my provider two weeks to get out house wired. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a story there that I'll save for later. Needless to say, the computer and WebTV are both setup in the living room, and purring along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the move,, CAn't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the move! Hope you settle in soon,and your studio sounds great!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! And what fun you'll have making it all your own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just yesterday, I unearthed the camera . . . now, to take some "before" pics.

    ReplyDelete